SVG Momma Print and Cut Tips
- Set the page size to the size of your print paper.
- Make sure the print and cut boundaries/border are showing so you will know your design is within print and cut boundaries.
- Merge your PNG file of choice in.
- Add name, initial, or initials to the design if you choose to do so. You will need to make sure no cut is selected for the lettering.
- Fill your name with color. I like to use the dropper tool in the colors and click on a color within the design so I know the color will match.
- Click on the design. Choose the trace window. Click select trace area then highlight the whole design. Now choose trace outer edge. This will trace only the outside so that will be all that is cut.
- Click on cut window and click show cut lines. The only cutline should be on the outer edge.
- I prefer to add an additional offset that will be the same color as the outer edge. This will give you some wiggle room when cutting the design. Click on the outer cutline and choose to offset it. This will create a space around the design. Click on the offset and then fill the new outline with the same color as your outer edge by selecting the dropper tool in colors. The circle will now need moved to the back of the page. Right click it and choose move to back. Click on cut and choose no cut for this offset. You don’t want it to cut, as it is just to give you that wiggle room. The ONLY cut design should be on the outer edge of the original design.
- You are now ready to print. Turn your registration marks ON making sure they are all within the print boundaries.
- Print your design. I choose to print on best in the print settings.
- Place your printed design on the cut mat and send to the cutter to be cut.
- You are now ready to put your print and cut design on whatever you choose!
***** I played around using card stock before trying on my transfer sheets, printable vinyl, etc. I would much rather get the hang of it before trying on the more expensive products!